The Official Website of Author Michael McBride

Short Sales

As I’m sure you all know, I don’t write many shorter works, so sales are few and far between. In fact, I think the last was “Mt. Uncompahgre” (the original idea that spawned SNOWBLIND) for the Shocklines anthology from CD (I signed the sig sheets a while back, so it ought to be released sometime soon). Anyway, I actually have two new sales to report. The first is my favorite Halloween memory for the upcoming OCTOBER DREAMS 2 from Cemetery Dance. (Thanks to Robert Morrish for the invitation!) The second is a story called “Tears of the Dragon” for THE LIBRARY OF THE DEAD anthology from Written Backwards, featuring Gene O’Neill, Weston Ochse, Roberta Lannes, and a collaboration between Brian Keene and Mary SanGiovanni. I hope you enjoy both!

Advertisements

7 responses

1. Congrats on the two sales, Mike! I’ll be in for a copy of each of those books.

July 26, 2014 at 5:08 pm

• Thanks, Leigh! The OD2 thing is really a trip considering I have the first one on my shelf and think of the TOC as a Who’s Who of horror.

July 26, 2014 at 5:29 pm

2. I hear you, Mike. I’ve got the first one too, and it was definitely an inspiring TOC. But don’t sell yourself short; you’ve earned the right to be in the follow-up.

July 26, 2014 at 7:11 pm

3. I don’t know for sure, but I think Michael Marshall Smith is going to have fiction in the book, in which case I’ll be sharing covers with one of my all-time favorite authors. That’s the kind of stuff you share with your grandkids, you know?

July 26, 2014 at 7:52 pm

4. H Casper

COngrats Mike. When might OD2 go up for order?

July 27, 2014 at 4:44 am

5. Sorry, H. I have no idea whatsoever.

July 27, 2014 at 7:08 am

6. H Casper

HA! That’s right, it’s CD so a crap shoot for the date. I’ll get ’em both some how…

July 29, 2014 at 12:59 pm