The Official Website of Author Michael McBride

COVER REVEAL

The killer artwork by Zach McCain fits the book perfectly! I can’t wait until you guys get a chance to read it!

ancient_enemy

Sani Natonaba’s ancestors have lived in these canyons for more than seven hundred years, but they aren’t the only ones. When he awakens to the bleating of his family’s sheep being slaughtered, he learns that something is stalking this isolated corner of the reservation, a predator unlike any he has encountered before, one that attacks with alarming stealth and ferocity.

Only his grandfather knows what lurks outside in the darkness, but a stroke has left him unable to communicate, forcing Sani to embark upon a journey into the distant past to discover the horrible truth. And he’s running out of time. There’s no sign of an end to the killing and already he’s found claw marks and strange footprints around his home.

Sani must decipher the clues hidden a millennium ago by the Anasazi before their mysterious disappearance if he’s to have any hope of surviving the impending confrontation with an ancient enemy that has already hunted his bloodline to the brink of extinction.

Advertisements

9 responses

1. Kimberly Yerina

Mike,
    I just read that this will be considered an “extra” DF release. Any chance that they’ll be selling s/l of this one to club members??? Or can we order directly from your website?

January 6, 2014 at 7:52 pm

2. I think club members will get advance notice before sales open to the general public. That’s my understanding anyway. I hope you like it!

January 6, 2014 at 7:56 pm

3. I had been waiting for the cover release with bated breath ! It’s awesome!

January 7, 2014 at 7:02 am

• Thanks! I couldn’t be happier with the way it came out. Zach’s got the goods!

January 7, 2014 at 3:56 pm

• Kimberly Yerina

I asked Shane if I could pre-order a h/c, but alas, he said “No”….. I imagine h/c subscribers will get first notifications, so I’m keeping my fingers crossed. (I’m kindle-only this year)..

January 7, 2014 at 8:26 pm

• I’m sure it’ll work out, Kim. Don’t stress it for a second. We’ll find a way to make it happen. 🙂

January 7, 2014 at 8:45 pm

4. Casper H

Yes. Us DF book club members get first crack at it. Same as just happened with Curran’s WORM. Awesome Mike.

January 7, 2014 at 7:34 am

5. Thanks, H! You’re always the man with the answers.

January 7, 2014 at 3:48 pm

6. Bruce

looking forward to the new one. Just finished F9 today. .nice cover picture. Bruce

January 9, 2014 at 3:53 pm